Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Buffalo Chicken Enchiladas



This recipe is one of my new favorites, I will definitely be making it again! Being from Texas, Mexican food is my weakness and it's hard to find good Mexican food in Chicago (hence the reason I started this blog, tortillas!). The greatest part about these enchiladas is they combine two of my favorite foods, Tex-Mex and buffalo wings; doesn't get any better if you ask me! It was also fairly quick since I had pre-cooked the chicken. I can't wait hours to eat after work, I would die. Anyways, if you love buffalo chicken as much as me, try out this recipe, it will become one of your favorites!

Adapted from: Prevention RD


9 corn tortillas
3 chicken breasts, shredded 
3/4 cup red enchilada sauce
3/4 cup buffalo wing sauce (I like Franks)
1 cup Mexican blend cheese (I used 2%)
3 oz blue cheese, crumbled 
2 scallions, chopped 
1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped (optional, I skipped this because I despise cilantro :-P) 

Method:

Preheat oven to 375°

Pour the enchilada sauce into a medium bowl, add buffalo sauce and mix well. Spray a 9 x 13 inch pan with non-stick cooking spray and set aside. 

Add the shredded chicken and about a 1/2 cup of the enchilada/buffalo sauce, plus 1/2 cup of the Mexican blend cheese. Still until thoroughly combined. 

Cover the bottom of the baking dish with a small amount of the buffalo/enchilada sauce mixture, set to the side. Fill each tortilla with a couple tablespoons of the chicken mixture and roll, placing seam side down in the baking dish. Pour the remaining sauce over the enchiladas and cover with the remaining 1/2 cup of cheese (being serious here, I used a lot more than that, maybe the whole bag, oops! I love cheese). Bake for 20-25 minutes.

While the enchiladas cook, chop the scallions and crumble the blue cheese. Sprinkle the blue cheese on top of the enchiladas immediately after removing from the oven. Garnish with scallions and if desired, cilantro and serve. 

ENJOY! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

© 2013-2014 Doughmestic Diva • All Rights Reserved