Thursday, May 10, 2012

Light Chicken and Mushrooms in a Garlic Wine Sauce



I made this recipe last night and it was fantastic! I slightly adapted it from Skinny Taste, and mostly by accident because I forgot to flour the chicken pieces, but it turned out really good and probably has a few less calories and is gluten free this way.


This recipe was also great for a week night because it was super quick! Took about 20 minutes total. I served it with mashed potatoes (I know, shame on me, but I had them already and I LOVE potatoes). Next time I would definitely make some cauliflower mash or brown rice to go with it. :) 


Ingredients:

  • 4 chicken breasts, sliced into strips
  • salt and pepper 
  • 3 tsp butter
  • 2 tsp olive oil
  • 3 cloves of garlic
  • One package (8oz) mushrooms 
  • 1/4 cup white wine
  • 1/3 cup chicken broth 
  • 1/4 cup fresh chopped parsley 

Slice chicken into strips and season with salt and pepper. 

Heat 2 tbs butter and the olive oil on medium heat. When hot, add chicken and cook about 5 minutes on each side or until no longer pink. Remove from pan and set aside. 

Add the mushrooms and remaining 1 tbs butter to the pan, cook for a few minutes then add the garlic. Season the mixture with salt and pepper. 

Add the chicken back to the pan with the wine, chicken broth and parsley. Stir everything slightly to combine and get all the yummy brown bits off the bottom of the pan. Cook for a few minutes until the liquid has reduced by about half and the chicken is warmed through. 

Serve and enjoy! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

© 2013-2014 Doughmestic Diva • All Rights Reserved