Monday, August 13, 2012

Garlic Scallion Sesame Noodles


I know, I know...another noodle dish! But this one is Asian, so it's different right? Either way it's delicious! I have been posting super easy and quick meals on here lately, not to be boring, but because that is my life right now. I don't have time for much and feel like I am juggling 10 things at once and currently about to be homeless (that's a whole other story). Although cooking to me is what working out or meditation is to some people; it's my happy place. When I have had a bad day, nothing makes it better for me then coming home and whipping up a great meal. Weird maybe, but it's my therapy. 

Ingredients
  • 3/4 of a box of thin spaghetti noodles (I like Ronzoni Smart Taste) 
  • Half a stick of butter (4 tbs) 
  • 5 cloves of garlic, minced or grated 
  • 2 scallions chopped, plus extra for garnish
  • 3 tbs of soy sauce
  • 1 tablespoon brown sugar
  • 1 tsp sesame oil 

Method:

In a large pot, bring salted water to a boil and cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside.

In the same pot, melt the butter and add the garlic and scallions. I like to grate my garlic right into the pan...it's easy and it almost melts into the butter, no big chunks this way! Cook this mixture for about 2-3 minutes, you don't want the garlic to burn and get bitter. 


Next, add the brown sugar and soy sauce and cook for approximately another minute until the sugar dissolves. 


Toss in the noddles and give them a swirl to make sure each one is coated with the sweet and spicy mixture. Throw in the sesame oil at the last minute, tossing once again to coat all the noodles. Voila, done! Garnish with additional scallions to serve.






**SIDE NOTE:  BIG THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO HAS CONTRIBUTED TO MY CAMPAIGN ON INDIEGOGO. YOU ARE AMAZING AND I APPRECIATE YOU HELPING ME TO GROW THIS BLOG INTO SOMETHING AMAZING :)**

No comments:

Post a Comment

© 2013-2014 Doughmestic Diva • All Rights Reserved