Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Italian Parmesan Pasta Salad with Lemon Pepper Chicken


So, I just realized I post a lot of pasta dishes on here. Which leads me to think I may or may not have a carb loading issue! However, this dish is amazingly simple and tastes even better the second day! My Mom used to make this a lot when I was growing up, so it brings back good memories for me. I usually just cook frozen chicken in the oven or microwave for this, but you can also use a precooked rotisserie chicken from the grocery store to make it a little more simple. This is a great dish to bring to a potluck or BBQ because you can make it in advance and it doesn't need to stay cold. 

Ingredients:

3-4 cooked lemon pepper chicken breasts*
12oz spaghetti noodles
1 cup or about half a bottle of Zesty Italian dressing 
4 oz of shredded Parmesan cheese 
1 pint cherry tomatoes, cut in half
Salt and pepper to taste


Method:

Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook spaghetti according to package directions. 

Meanwhile shred the cooked chicken* and set aside.

Drain spaghetti and rinse with cold water. Once dry, toss into a large bowl with the shredded chicken. Add Italian dressing, Parmesan cheese & tomatoes. Mix well. 

At this point, you can either serve at room temperature, or put in the fridge for an hour or so to have it chilled. I prefer to eat it the first time at room temp and the second helping of leftovers cold :) 

Serve with additional Parmesan. 




*If cooking your own chicken, season with lemon pepper before cooking in either oven or microwave. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

© 2013-2014 Doughmestic Diva • All Rights Reserved