Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Chicken Drumsticks with Lemon White Wine Butter Sauce



Whew! Finally was able to get back in the kitchen! I cannot believe it has been almost a MONTH since I last posted! This move has been a nightmare, never again! We just got cooking gas yesterday, so needless to say, this experience has been far from good for my culinary adventures. I have A TON of tortillas to make for my Indiegogo Campaign, so thank goodness I am back in action!

The first meal I made in the new place is this amaze-balls chicken dish! I really like legs and thighs, but you could use chicken breasts for this also. Although this does take a little time to cook, the prep work is super easy and so is the clean-up! The lighting in my new apartment isn't as good as the old one, so until I purchase my new camera, please bear with the photography!

Ingredients:

  • 6 Bone-in Chicken Drumsticks
  • 1 small package baby yukon gold potatoes 
  • 1 stick unsalted butter, room temperature 
  • 2 cloves garlic
  • 1 tsp Old Bay Seasoning
  • 1 tbs Tastefully Simple Dried Tomato & Garlic Pesto 
  • 1 8 oz package baby bella sliced mushrooms 
  • 1 lemon, sliced 
  • 1/2-3/4 cup white wine
  • Salt and Pepper to taste 


Method:

Cut the potatoes into halves or quarters depending on the size and scatter them around the bottom of a 13x9 inch glass pan. You want them to be fairly small and equal in size so your chicken doesn't scorch before these are done.




Combine softened butter, garlic, Old Bay and Dried Tomato and Garlic Pesto seasoning (you can sub any seasonings you like if you do not have these on hand). Rub each of the chicken legs until they are coated  generously with the butter mixture (yes, this part is messy!).




Lay the coated chicken legs on top of the potatoes, sprinkling the mushrooms and lemon slices over the top. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.




Pour over the white wine, cover with tin foil and bake for 45 minutes. Remove foil and continue cooking an additional 15 minutes or until the chicken's internal temperature reads 165°.



ENJOY!



No comments:

Post a Comment

© 2013-2014 Doughmestic Diva • All Rights Reserved