Prep Time: 1 hour/ Bake Time: 40 Minutes/ Serves 8-10
- 4 chicken breasts
- 2 cups peeled and diced potatoes
- 1 medium chopped onion
- 1 bag frozen family size mixed vegetables
- 1 cup butter
- 2 teaspoons salt (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon pepper (or to taste)
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2 pre-made uncooked pie crusts (4 if making 2 pies)
- Place potatoes in large saucepan, cover with cold water. Bring to a boil and cook until tender but still firm, about 8-10 minutes.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper and bake 30 minutes or until done. Shred and set aside.
- In a large pot, melt butter and sauté onions until translucent. Slowly whisk in the flour to create a roux. Season with salt, pepper and thyme. Cook flour and butter mixture for about a minute on medium heat.
- Slowly whisk in chicken stock and milk. Bring to a boil and cook for 2 minutes, or until thick, then reduce to simmer.
- Add frozen veggies, potatoes and shredded chicken.
- Line a greased casserole dish with one pie crust and push up the sides until it reaches the top.
- Pour chicken mixture into the dish and cover with second crust. Use a fork to pinch off the excess crust around the edges to seal and create a decorative finish.
- Cut three slits in the top crust to let steam escape. Cover edges of crust with foil to prevent edges from burning.
- Bake at 425º for 40 minutes. Let stand 15-20 minutes before serving.