Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Greek Chicken with Veggies


I haven't been posting lately...mainly because I have been on a diet and diets are no fun. Personally I like to look at food I shouldn't be eating, not foods that are good for me. Cheeseburger or carrot stick? Please. 

Thinking about what I could make with the ingredients in my fridge and pantry without feeling like a rabbit, I came up with this simple but full of flavor dish. I love the white wine because I feel like it gives it an extra special kick. Something about the smell of wine hitting a hot pan is just amazing. It's also a great way to add a lot of flavor with minimal calories and no fat. This dish makes 4 servings and each serving has only 256 calories, 4.5g of fat or 4 WW+ points. 

Ingredients:

  • 1-1.5 lbs chicken breast, cut into cubes (about 2 large or 3 small)
  • 1 medium zucchini, sliced 
  • 1 yellow squash, sliced
  • 1/2 medium onion, sliced 
  • 1 tbs Cavender's Greek Seasoning 
  • 2 tbs olive oil 

Method:

Sprinkle chicken with 1/2 tbs Greek seasoning, toss to coat. In a medium heavy bottomed skillet, heat 1 tbs olive oil over medium-high heat; add chicken. Cook for 5 minutes, then flip and cook an additional 5 minutes or until chicken is evenly browned (it does not need to be fully cooked at this time). Transfer chicken to a plate and set aside.


In the same pan, add the other tbs of olive oil. Add the onions, zucchini, and squash. Sprinkle with the additional 1/2 tbs of seasoning; cook for 5-7 minutes until soft and slightly brown. 


Add in the white wine, stir to scrape up all the brown bits at the bottom (flavor!) add the chicken back in and cook for 5 more minutes. 


Voila! 


Serve with brown rice or quinoa to keep it healthy :) 




No comments:

Post a Comment

© 2013-2014 Doughmestic Diva • All Rights Reserved