Friday, January 30, 2015

"Diet" Turkey Meatloaf


I first got this recipe from my friend Tianna when we were in college. She was training for a bikini fitness competition and would eat this frequently as part of her meal plans. I started doing it with her and got in really good shape! Although I won't be competing in a bikini competition like ever, I am trying to get back in shape (other than round) so I busted this oldie but goodie out! It's great to eat for a quick protein punch or as part of meal planning. It's way tastier then plain old chicken or turkey which is basically all you're allowed to eat on those sort of things, and just as good for you.  Of course it doesn't taste exactly like a home-style meatloaf, but you're definitely not going to feel deprived eating this.

Ingredients: 

  • Lean turkey - at least 93% lean
  • 1/2 packet meatloaf seasoning
  • 2 egg whites
  • 1/4 cup old fashioned oats
  • 1/2 can Rotel, drained
  • Ketchup



Method:

Spray a meatloaf pan with non-stick cooking spray. In a large bowl, mix all ingredients together until combined. Place mixture into greased meatloaf pan.



Bake at 375° for 30 minutes, remove from oven and top with ketchup to make a thin top layer. Bake an additional 15 minutes. 



Note: I noticed that every time with this recipe, you will get a bit of a layer on top when you first remove it from the oven, that is normal and does not affect the taste. The ketchup will cover it for aesthetic reasons. Also, I always pour the excess liquid from the bottom of the pan, if any, once I remove it from the oven for the final time. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

© 2013-2014 Doughmestic Diva • All Rights Reserved