Thursday, June 4, 2015

Protein Packed Chocolate Overnight Oats


So, I recently tried overnight oats, and they were amazing! I know I am late for the party but I just couldn't imagine this would actually be GOOD when I read about it. Amazingly, the oats get super soft and the best part is there's a million ways to make them! This is the perfect breakfast to stay on track because even if you're running late, it's ready and you won't grab a bagel or some fast food because you don't have time to make something healthy to eat. 

When I first made them last week I just added oats, almond milk, some nuts, cranberries and a little sugar free maple syrup. They came out really good, but I read somewhere someone used protein powder and I was like whaaaa? Great idea! My favorite protein powder is the EAS Lean 15 because it only has 100 calories per scoop and 15g of protein. I also keep ripe bananas in my freezer so they are ready to use when I want them. Just thaw for a few minutes on the counter and voila! 


The base is just 1/2 c oatmeal, 1/2 any type of milk you like, then add whatever you want. Let sit overnight and wake up to a nutritious, ready made breakfast!  

Ingredients: 
  • 1/2 cup old fashioned or steel cut oats
  • 1/2 cup almond milk (or any milk you like)
  • 1/2 scoop chocolate protein powder
  • 1 ripe banana smashed 
  • 1 tbs slivered almonds 

Method: 

Combine oats, milk, protein powder, and banana. Stir until smooth. Cover and place in the fridge overnight. In the morning, add slivered almonds and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

© 2013-2014 Doughmestic Diva • All Rights Reserved