Thursday, July 16, 2015

Buffalo Chicken Meatloaves


Do you love buffalo chicken wings but hate all the fat? No, you love fat? Me too! But, that's not what this is about. I recently started Weight Watchers again and have been trying to find ways to incorporate my favorite flavors into healthier meals. I saw these mini buffalo meatloaves on an Instagram I follow and thought to myself this was the best idea ever! So, I made them the next day, adding and omitting a few things and voila! You can have 2 of these babies for only 4 points. Jackpot! You can also make this in a traditional loaf pan, I just like to make the individual ones so I can control the portions. 

Ingredients:
  • 2/3 cup old fashioned oats
  • 1/2 cup fat free milk
  • 1 lb ground turkey or chicken breast 
  • 1 large carrot or 6 mini, chopped
  • 1 celery stalk, chopped
  • 1 small or 1/2 medium onion, chopped
  • 1/3 cup buffalo wing sauce (I used Franks) 
  • 2 large egg whites

Method: 
Preheat oven to 350°. 

Combine oats and milk and let sit for 3 minutes or until oats are slightly soft. Add the meat, veggies, buffalo sauce and eggs. Mix gently to combine. 

Transfer mixture to a greased (with cooking spray) loaf or muffin pan. Smooth out the tops so they are flat. Bake for 40-45 minutes, until thoroughly cooked. 


Serve with extra buffalo sauce, light ranch or blue cheese dressing. 



Enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

© 2013-2014 Doughmestic Diva • All Rights Reserved