Thursday, September 17, 2015

Loaded Cauliflower Bake


I freakin' love cauliflower y'all! I always forget how much I like it until I eat it again but seriously raw or cooked it's hands down my fav veg. I came across a version of this recipe on Instagram and have been waiting try it. Oh my gosh, ahhhhmazing! It's got all the flavor of a loaded baked potato without all the guilt. It's only about 165 calories a serving or 4 Weight Watchers Points. You can basically add anything you want to this, the one I saw on Instagram had mushrooms and chicken sausage for more of a meal, but I love bacon so I left it like the original, just made less because it's only for 2 people at our house. This makes six servings though, so it is more than enough for a family as a side. 

Ingredients:
  • 1 medium head cauliflower
  • 6 oz or 1.5 cups shredded cheddar cheese
  • 4 slices center cut bacon
  • 1/4 cup light sour cream
  • 3 oz light cream cheese, softened 
  • 2 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp pepper
  • chives or green onions 
  • 1 clove garlic

Method:

Heat oven to 350° and grease an 8x8 pan with cooking spray. 

Steam cauliflower on stove or in microwave until tender. I usually do mine on the stove and it takes about 8 minutes, perfect amount of time to get all the other ingredients together. While the cauliflower is steaming, cook bacon until crispy, then chop (I do this in the microwave about 2.5 mins). Mix together cream cheese, 1 cup of the cheese, sour cream, chopped bacon, chives, garlic, salt and pepper. 


Once cauliflower is cooked, drain if necessary and add to cream cheese/sour cream mixture. You will think you need milk or water, but you don't. The heat of the cauliflower will melt everything and it will coat perfectly. On that note, make sure your cauliflower is still hot when added to the mixture. I always add more pepper at this point, because I like a lot of pepper on my baked potatoes, but that is totally a personal preference. Pour into greased pan, top with remaining 1/2 cup cheese and bake for 30 mins. Nom, nom, nom! 


Enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

© 2013-2014 Doughmestic Diva • All Rights Reserved