Sunday, November 29, 2015

Crock-Pot Chicken and Gravy



Before this year, I maybe used my crock pot once. When I lived alone, it just didn't make much sense to me. Little did I know, it would have been so time saving! I love using my crock pot, it's like having a personal chef cooking for you! You don't have to worry about dinner and can do whatever you want all day! 


This is probably the easiest recipe ever, it can hardly be called a recipe. Throw some chicken in the crock pot with some stock, can of soup, herbs, an onion and thicken it all up. The result? The moistest most delicious chicken and gravy you've ever had! 

Ingredients
  • 1 lb chicken breasts
  • 2 cups chicken stock
  • 1 can cream of chicken soup
  • 4 tbs cornstarch 
  • Several springs fresh thyme
  • 1 chopped onion (optional) 
Method

Mix chicken stock and cream of chicken soup in crock pot. Add chicken, top with thyme and onion if using. Cook on high for 4 hours or low for 7. 

Once cooked, remove chicken and shred. 

Take 1/2 cup liquid out of crock pot and mix with cornstarch. Whisk with a fork until no longer lumpy. Add back to crock pot, mix with other liquid and cook on high for about 10-15 minutes, or until thickened.

Add back in shredded chicken, stir to warm and serve. I like to have mine over mashed potatoes but it is equally good over cauliflower mash or stuffing. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

© 2013-2014 Doughmestic Diva • All Rights Reserved