Friday, May 12, 2017

Quick Crawfish Etouffee


Hi! I am still alive! It has been a LONG time since I wrote a post, and there is a good reason for that. I am currently 15 weeks pregnant with my first baby! Anyone who has ever been pregnant knows the 1st trimester is just the worst. No energy, not feeling good and so many food aversions. I haven't cooked anything in quite a while, which is super unusual for me, but I hear pregnancy can do that to you. Takes your normal life and turns it upside down! So, now that I'm in my 2nd trimester, I am feeling better and getting back to cooking again...at least for now. 

We had a big crawfish boil last weekend to celebrate our gender reveal (we're having a girl!) so we had some leftover and my favorite thing to do with leftover crawfish is make etouffee! I decided to take a shortcut and not make a roux, gasp! I did this last year, and it turned out really good, so why mess with a good thing? Although this definitely isn't the same as the traditional slow made etouffee, it's still really tasty and it takes less than 30 minutes. I'm all about easy these days, so that's a winner in my book! 

Ingredients: 

  • 2 tbs butter
  • 1 tbs light olive oil or any oil 
  • 1 green bell pepper, chopped
  • 1/2 red onion, chopped
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 -10.75oz can condensed cream of mushroom soup 
  • 1 can tomatoes with green chilies, drained (I used mild Rotel, if you like spicy, use original) 
  • 1 tsp Cajun seasoning
  • 1/4 cup water 
  • 1 lb peeled, cooked crawfish  tails

Method:



Melt butter and oil together in a medium skillet or wide mouthed pot over medium heat. Add pepper, onion & garlic and saute until soft, about 7 minutes. 



Stir in the soup, tomatoes, Cajun seasoning and water. Let simmer for about 10 minutes, to let the flavors meld. The longer is simmers, the tastier it will be! 



Add crawfish tails and heat about 5 minutes, just until warmed through. Serve over white rice or noodles! 


ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment

© 2013-2014 Doughmestic Diva • All Rights Reserved